Sunday 17 April 2016

Tall, tall buildings

Another day in another place

Konichawa

What excitement today.



Before we went up to the sky in the tall, tall building The Ladies had curry udon. Ms Julie is writing to a friend in Australia.  On her phone.  Phones are very clever.

I did not know a building could be so high, so high it is right up in the clouds.

Our room in the hotel in Kyoto was on the fourth floor and I thought it was very high and I was very, very nervous about falling off the balcony ledge and down into the narrow space between the buildings.  Of course Mme, who does her best not to let anything really bad happen to me, held me firmly so I wouldn't fall.

Today was different.  We were on the  69th floor of the Landmark Plaza Building and up there you can see a long, long way, all across the city of Yokohama. And most exciting of all I was allowed to sit on the inside of the window ledge and look at the view.  I couldn't fall anywhere because there was a thick glass window but when I first sat on the ledge I gasped and closed my eyes tight because it was such a long way down to the ground.  I was not so scared when I looked straight out to sea and after a few minutes I bravely looked down to the ground and my fear vanished and I was very, very excited.


See how high up we are.  Can you see Our Ship?  It is near the top of the photo.

What an adventure!  There was so much to see. When you have lived in the toy store you cannot even imagine The World is so big. All those tall buildings and we were in one of the tallest.

I could see Our Ship.  Can you see Our Ship?  It is in the very far distance behind the big pier which is made of wooden planks.  If you look carefully you can see the red brick warehouses, a place many tourists go to when they visit Yokohama.


Down below is a very big, very high wheel.  It is the Cosmo Clock 21.  At night it is dressed in bright, beautiful colours.  The colours change while you watch.

We didn't go to the red brick warehouses because the wind was blowing so hard and Mme and Miss Julie were nervous about being blown out into the sea.  Many, many other people were walking along the streets.  I had to really screw up my eyes and concentrate to see them. Tiny, tiny people. They were not afraid of being blown into the sea.

Mme tells me it is not the sea.  The right name is Tokyo Bay, it is a very small sea.  I want to know why it is not Yokohama Bay.  Tokyo is far away and Yokohama is very close. Mme tells me to stop asking questions and not to be a pest and pushes me back inside the CBB.

How will I find out about this big, wonderful world if I don't ask questions?

Until next time.

Sayonara

Bu




No comments:

Post a Comment