Monday 18 April 2016

Settling in

Another day in another place

Konichawa

I like my new home on the ship.  I feel safe and the men who look after the room laugh and talk with me while they are cleaning and making the bed.

I have my very own window where I can sit and watch everyone who walks by on the deck outside. The really good thing is no-one knows I am sitting there.  I can watch all the  people and they will never know I am sitting on the inside window ledge watching them with my sharp, little black eyes.When you go outside you cannot see through the window.  It is something called one way vision glass.  I've been outside and  the window is painted white and you cannot see into our room. This is a very good thing, Mme is very untidy and throws her clothes and everything else all over the room.



I have a wonderful view from my window ledge

Nothing is allowed on my window ledge but me - it is my special place and I want my special place to be clean and neat and tidy.

I see everything that happens when I am sitting on the window ledge. I cannot hear what people are saying as they march around the deck; their faces are very serious, no-one is laughing. Promenade is the ship name for the deck outside our window. Walking around the promenade is a very important exercise; if people walk three and a half times around the promenade then they have walked a whole mile. Some people walk faster than others, some people use walking sticks and one man walks in the opposite direction  to everybody else.  Is he walking the right way and everyone else is wrong?

We should be half way to another place today but The Harbour Master kept the ship in last night and wouldn't let us leave. I thought the Captain must have been very naughty and behaved badly and the Harbour Master was cross and decided to punish him.

I was wrong.  The Captain made an announcement this morning and we have been kept in the harbour because it  was too dangerous for us to leave last night. I am pleased the Captain did not behave badly, we have 19 days on the ship and although I am very excited about this adventure I was nervous about having a Captain in charge of the ship who behaved badly.  Horrid things might happen to the ship if the Captain behaves badly!

We left at nine o'clock this morning and went under a very, very long, high bridge and out into the real Tokyo Bay, out into the very big, grey sea.


The very, very long, high bridge.  Will Our Ship fit under that bridge?


Now we are going under the bridge.  The top of Our Ship is very, very close to the bridge.



Now we are on the other side of the bridge.  And we did not hit it.  The Harbour Master will be very pleased.

Oh, what a great adventure this will be.  I am very, very excited.

Until next time.

Sayonara

Bu





No comments:

Post a Comment