Friday 15 April 2016

A Big Day Out

Another day in another place

Konichawa

Tonight I am one very tired little dog.

Mme has carried me around today in the outside pocket of her small blue backpack.  I can see and hear everything and she checks often to see I haven't fallen out.

What a big, big world it is out there.

I have been on trains today and in big stores and I have much to tell you about.

I have to share the stories with Mme and because She is the One who must be Obeyed I have to tell the small stories; Mme tells the big important ones, that's how it goes she says.

My little head is spinning tonight.  In between the many, many steps walked today, the train ticket buying and the late afternoon in the famous bamboo grove, we went to the electronic store.


We are having a rest by the lake at the Inari Shrine.  We walked many, many steps to find the lake;  the lake is big and the water is very green.

I was very,very afraid I might be left in the electronic store. It is far, far bigger than the toy store where I lived before I became an adventurer and everywhere I looked were rows and rows of shelves with all the things people seem to need for their computers and their phones.  Every where I looked, rows and rows - I was dizzy just looking at them.

The lovely lady at the hotel who  comes out from the back room when the girls and boys at reception can't understand Mme's question - which is every day, Mme should learn some Japanese - knew exactly where Mme should go to buy all the pesky bits and pieces she needs to make the photos happen.

We found our way after  few false starts and more questions at the information desk inside this huge, huge store.  I don't know exactly what a miracle is but when we came out of the store is seemed the miracle was wrapped in the parcel sitting beside me in the backpack.

I have to say Mme doesn't give up too easily, she gets really worked up about not always getting the answer she is looking for but today it was a team effort.  First we had to find a person who worked in the store and who might speak/understand English.  Not so easy, so many customers and not so many  young men wearing white and black jackets and helping the customers. And not so many of those who understood English, sign language and an old lady with a phone who stood pointing at the phone, pointing at all the packets on hooks on the wall, shaking her head and insisting she wants something else.  And the numbers two and three. These numbers were very important, just as well team man number two arrived.

Without him we might still be in the store.  The two men, Mme, and me, bouncing around in the backpack, walked back and forth all over this store for a long time and what a team we made.  Mme knew she wanted three things to make the photos work; Team Man No.1 worked hard at understanding what the three things were, Team Man No. 2 was the technical expert - he knew, without even knowing what Mme was saying, exactly what she needed.  What a clever young man!

And so we left the store with the miracle in the backpack, climbed the steps up to the street and set off on the last train journey of the day.


Mme makes a mistake!  We get off one stop too early and have to wait for a train to take us to the next station where we can walk to the Bamboo Grove.

As for these photos, I have yet to see any.  Whatever they are, they had better be something special, we spent so much time getting all this done today.

I think they will be special, at least some of them,because they are photos of me!  Shinobu, the little hard-working, loyal, adventurous Japanese dog.


Until next time,

Sayonara

Bu



No comments:

Post a Comment